You may be able to have related study or work experience credited to your degree, meaning you won’t have to repeat similar units and could graduate sooner. This is available for equivalent:

  • units of study taken at another university or higher education institution.
  • qualifications from a higher education institution or vocational education and training institution (including TAFE and private providers – limited to some qualifications).
  • relevant work experience.
How to apply
  • If you are applying direct to the LIHE, you can apply for credit as part of your course application.
  • We will assess your credit after a decision is made on your course application.
Types of credit available

The following types of credit are available:

  • specific credit: this is credit granted for a specific unit of study when you’ve previously undertaken its exact equivalent at another institution.
  • non-specific credit: when there is no equivalent unit of study here, credit may be considered for a certain number of credit points at a specific level.
  • block credit: where a sequence of units undertaken at another provider is deemed sufficiently equivalent to the content and learning outcomes of a sequence of units at LIHE, block credit may be granted.
Please note:

Accepting credit can change your study load, fees or course duration. This may also affect your government assistance eligibility and full-time concession benefits.

You need to be aware that accepting credit could reduce the duration of your student visa.